Producer: Fattoria Fibbiano
Type: Red Wine
Variety: 50% Sangiovese, 50% Canaiolo
Alcohol content: 14%
Production Zone: Pisa - Tuscany
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Serving suggestions: Red meat, medium-aged cheeses, meats and game in general.
Color: Ruby red with garnet
Aroma: Complex notes of ripe fruit, spices and herbs;
Taste: The taste is full, with excellent structure, persistent and elegant tannic texture
- TERRAIN: Mostly clay with good skeleton
- YIELD: 50 Q.li
- SIXTH PLANTED: 2.2 x 0.8 m
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred cordon
- HARVEST: September
- WINE-MAKING: The hand-picked grapes are then gently de-stemmed and crushed before being sent on special vertical roto-fermenters. In the tanks, the must is stirred by means of special blades for the first 7 - 9 days of fermentation process, so as to obtain the maximum extraction in addition to the separation of kernels responsible for the aggressive tannins. The must is fermented exclusively through natural yeasts present on the grape skin, by controlling the temperature and oxygen level inside the tank.
- AGING: The wine rests for 12 months in casks where the malolactic fermentation, followed by another 6 months in cement tanks and finally, aging in bottles for 6 months before going out on the market.
- PRODUCTION: 12,000