Online only

Masi - Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico

B0030

New product

1.Produttore.pngProducer: Masi

2.nomeok.pngName: Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico

Classification: DOC

Type: Red Wine

Grape varieties: 70% Corvina, Molinara 5%, 25% Rondinella

Year: 2011

Alcohol content: 15%

Production area: Veneto

More details

More info

Serving suggestions: important wine accompanying dishes such as pasta, grilled or roasted meats, game and tasty, slightly spicy cheese.

Service: Uncork one hour before serving at 18-20 ° C.

Tasting notes:

Color: Dark red impenetrable, it presents violet tones nail.

Aroma: The bouquet is very intense and rich, ranging from fruit cooked with spices and herbs such as rhubarb.

Palate: In the mouth it is with the typical sensation of sweetness tempered then by hot alcohol. Cherry jam and cinnamon describe the feelings that go long in a pleasant finish.

Info:
Wineyards location:  From hillside vineyards located in the coasts of Masi times at sunset (west / southwest) in the historical production common (Marano, Negrar, Sant 'Ambrogio and San Pietro in Cariano).
The slopes facing the sunset, the best Valpolicella Classica for Amarone. Here, where the day is longer, the vines overlooking the Lake Garda benefit from the reflection of its light and its milder climate. Amarone wine unique in origin, variety and ancient production method (vinification of grapes dried on racks for 3-4 months), expressed in Costasera particular majesty and complexity. Match with red meats, game and aged cheeses. Great dessert wine and aging.
The soil is loose red on Eocene limestone and red compact of basalts.

Climate:  After a mild winter and a spring with very little rain, the first fortnight of June was marked by rains combined with warm temperatures, even more-elevated in the second half of July. The combination of these factors has resulted in an advance of the different phenological stages of about 15 days. In July it made a 15% thinning operation.

Harvest:  The harvest took place slightly ahead and with an amount lower than the average, but with excellent quality grapes. In Valpolicella, the weather conditions have allowed a perfect drying of grapes.

Winemaking:  Amarone is the product of the '' withering method "of the grapes known since Roman times. At the end of September or beginning of October, the best hill selected grapes are laid out on bamboo racks (lofts), in fruit cellars where natural drying is controlled by the NASA system. In late January, the grapes have lost 35% of their weight, and have concentrated sugars. The only Corvina is of course attacked by "botrytis" (noble rot). Followed by gentle pressing, partial destalking, 45 days fermentation in large Slavonian oak barrels or stainless steel vats at natural temperatures, the fermentation continues for 35 days in barrels of 30-40 hl where the highly selected yeast inoculum resistant ' alcohol and malolactic fermentation.

Refinement:  24 months: 80% in Slavonian oak 40-80 hl and the remaining 20% ​​in small Allier and Slavonian oak barrels (40% new, 30% second, 30% third fill). Followed by at least 4 months in bottle.
Alcohol: 14,72% by volume
Total acidity: 5.90 g / L
PH: 3.62
Residual sugar: 9.20 g / L
Dry extract: 32.90 g / L

30 other products in the same category: